Family dentistry involves dental services that offer dental care to people of all ages and generations. A family dentist helps both children and adults and takes care of their dental requirements. Family dentistry can be considered a one-stop solution for an entire family's dental requirements, saving time and results in more personalized care.
What are services provided in Family Dentistry?
- Family dentists offer regular cleaning and dental examination for patients of all ages as part of their biannual dental checkups. This helps detect dental issues before they become more severe. Diagnosing dental issues at an earlier stage can help prevent future problems that may need expensive treatments if left untreated. Regular dental examinations can also ensure the proper development of children's permanent teeth.
- Family dentists also help treat gum diseases and gum infections by offering appropriate treatments and services such as periodontal maintenance and scaling.
- A family dentist can help prevent tooth decay and cavities in children with fluoride treatments and dental sealants.
- Family dentists can identify a tooth decay before it turns into a deep cavity. Using appropriate dental fillings, the family dentist can treat the cavities extending timely treatment.
- For advanced treatments such as dental implants, Invisalign, oral surgery, etc., the family dentist will provide referrals to a specialist.
Advantages of having a Family Dentist
- Family dentists are specially trained and have experience providing dental care to people of all age groups. The dental needs of children and adults are not the same. Older children and adults may need more frequent dental visits and cleaning of their teeth to detect dental problems before they turn serious. A family dentist can help in managing the dental requirements of all the family members.
- Since you are consulting the same dentist from your childhood throughout your life, establishing a relationship with them is easy and can help patients with dental fear be at ease, overcoming the fears easily.
- A family dentist can provide preventative oral health care to the entire family. By identifying the oral problems early, a large number of dental problems that could even lead to tooth loss can be prevented. For example, dental cleaning once every six months can help prevent tooth decay and gum diseases by removing the plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- A family dentist can help restore a lost or damaged tooth by assessing your mouth structure, gum health, and other teeth' condition to create and provide a customized plan for tooth replacements.
- Family dentists may educate the patients on proper oral care practices and methods to improve oral hygiene. This itself can help avoid a major piece of dental problems.
- Your family dentist will check your gums for signs of gum diseases such as redness, bleeding, and deep gum pockets, etc., and help reverse those conditions with cleaning procedures and medications.
- A family dentist provides comprehensive care and offers services to correct your smile's imperfections through procedures like teeth whitening, dental bonding, or veneers.
To know more, call us at (936) 564-2439 or schedule an online appointment with our dentists. We will be happy to guide you further.